Stan Honda/AFP/Getty Images
The countdown to Black Friday is on! Many of us will be participating in our comfy pajamas from the convenience of our own home thanks to online shopping! Some stores offer the same deals online as they do in the store, so this is definitely the convenient route to go.
For a lot of Black Friday shoppers however, online shopping just isn’t the same as the mad rush of shopping at the store. Black Friday in-store shopping is about much more than just shopping. It’s about the family and/or friends ritual of starting the holiday season together. And yes, finding the best deals is part of this tradition, so here are some helpful pointers to survive the crowds and get the best deals:
- Get an early start. As they say, “The early bird gets the worm.” It is important for you to dress warm since you never know how long you will have to wait outside in the cold temperatures.
- Watch your impulse purchases. Make a list of people you need to shop for or items that you need to purchase. It is also important to plan your budget ahead of time and to know the prices of the items you want to purchase. If you are anything like me, the thought of getting a good deal is enough to make me want to buy something. If something is $15 off regular price, you definitely need it, right? (Even if you have two others at home!).
- Be careful in the parking lots. As you know, Black Friday is very chaotic and you are rushing from store to store. Many shoppers, possibly including you, are probably running solely on coffee. Be extra cautious in the parking lots. The last thing you want to deal with is a fender bender in the wee hours of the morning which would cause you to miss out on some of those great deals.
- Utilize Black Friday websites or mobile apps. Black Friday deals can be found on these apps and can save you an incredible amount of time prepping for the big day. Shopkick and DealNews are popular websites and FatWallet and BFAds are mobile apps for shoppers.
- Relax and keep your temper. With all the excitement of Black Friday, some shoppers may cause you some anxiety with the pushing and shoving to obtain an item. The news the day after Black Friday always has stories about the extreme shoppers. Just remember that Black Friday shopping is supposed to be fun!